QA Project Lead
As a QA Project Lead you will be dedicated to a project and expected to take responsibility for running the testing within that project. You will need to coordinate your efforts with the development team, working side by side to advise and inform upon risk and to assist them in building a quality product. You will work with the QA Manager to execute test strategies and to continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness by evolving QA methodologies. Working in an agile environment, the test effort should pair up with the active work for the sprint, but with constant consideration of the wider product. You will build and drive a comprehensive test strategy that covers all systems with testing efficiency in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with internal project kickoffs and requirements/spec gathering - utilising the 3 amigos process wherever practical
- Collaborate with the other QA teams to share knowledge and encourage best practices across projects
- Develop and execute test strategies, plans, cases and procedures - track test coverage and gather valuable performance metrics
- Performance, Compatibility, Compliance, and Network testing
- Embrace and evangelise the ‘Quality Assistance’ approach - which involves consistent, close collaboration with the development team
- Document and facilitate communication and troubleshooting of issues, bugs and changes
- Coordinate release testing with the aim of informing the team upon the risk/impact, based on test coverage achieved
- Collaborate with Tech leads and Product Owner to manage change close to submissions
- Coordinate with the project stakeholders to prioritise issue fixes via regular bug triages
- Active involvement in Sprint ceremonies; daily scrums, demos, planning, and retrospectives
- Develop and drive processes to aid bug prevention methods and encourage quality responsibility within the team
- Collaborate with other QA staff to accomplish QA tasks efficiently, on time with a high level of quality
- Assist in the training of new hires, mentor junior QA team members and share expertise
- Act as subject matter expert for the customer support team
- Co-ordinate with Customer Support to feed key issues/feedback into sprint
- Actively seek to self improve; pursue training and development activities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Deep working knowledge of Agile development/testing
- Significant mobile application testing experience (iOS/Android/Amazon) - functional & non-functional
- Deep understanding of a game's development lifecycle, and when / how to begin key testing phases eg. Performance / network /compliance etc
- Experience working on a project from soft launch through to the post launch period
- Experience with JIRA - dashboards, filters, agile boards, admin setup
- Ability to work autonomously
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Significant experience working within a games studio (ideally within mobile F2P)
- Understanding and experience of server authoritative games and how this affects our testing
- Calm under pressure with a proactive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- A genuine passion for QA and for working efficiently
- A drive for continuous improvement
- An understanding of the mobile games market and Free to Play / games as a service business model
- A level of technical understanding and familiarity with common QA tools such as Charles Proxy, ADB, Postman, Xcode, SVN, Testfairy,Google Play dashboard, Testflight, Jenkins etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience in either games industry QA or in software testing
- At least 1 year of which embedded within a games studio
To Apply: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the email subject
Hutch are a dynamic games studio based in Central London. Founded on a wealth of traditional game development experience, blending a bunch of people who are talented and passionate about making the best free to play games.
Our goal is to create the best racing games for mobile. We believe small, focused and empowered teams build the best games and we work hard to maintain an open, transparent and self-determined culture. Founded in 2011, we have released 8 games including Smash Cops, MMX Racing, Hot Wheels:Race Off and MMX Hill Climb with over 150 million players across the world.
When we launch a game, that’s just the start: we use player feedback and most critically data to figure out how to make each game the best it can be. There are so many opportunities to identify insights in our data that we can’t keep up – and that’s where you come in.